- Please note that this instructions only apply for individual KLinkStatus packages and not for the all kdewebdev package.
KLinkStatus is a KDE application, so it requires a working KDE base installation (kdelibs), and KDE requires you to have the Qt library installed.
- So here is the list of required applications/libraries for the latest version: (later versions might work, but it's not guaranteed)
- If your computer is capable to run KDE, you should not have any problems running this application.
After you've downloaded KLinkStatus, you must compile it. I don't
provide binary packages, due to the diversity of platforms it can run on. But if you build
such packages, feel free to e-mail me, I will put a link on the
download section to the binary package.
Currently, there are binary packages available for SuSE and Debian.
For compilation you need the same tools as for KDE compilation, most of them should be included with your distribution. Check also the KDE installation FAQ and read the generic installation instructions from the INSTALL file (after you've unpacked the distributed package with the "tar -jxf klinkstatus-x.y.z.tar.bz2" command. Substitute x.y.z with the release number.)
Shortly the steps are:
- tar -jxf klinkstatus-x.y.z.tar.bz2
- cd klinkstatus-x.y.z
- ./configure --prefix=$(kde-config --prefix)
- make install (as root)
- A hint: before reporting bugs use the --enable-debug=full switch for the ./configure script, because it provides a backtrace that I can use to debug application crashes. Run ./configure --help for more information.